Wild Mushroom Puree
Nothing beats a rich mushroom soup.
- 500 grams mixed mushrooms, chopped
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 4 cups mushroom or beef stock
- a handful of thyme, leaves pulled off
- salt and pepper
1. Over medium heat, saute onion and garlic for 5 minutes, without burning the garlic
2. Increase heat slightly. Add mushrooms, stirring often, for five minutes, until they soften and release their juices.
3. Add stock and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to a simmer. Add thyme and salt and pepper.
4. Puree with a hand blender until smooth.
Serves 4 as a side or a small lunch.