Alkaline foods to reduce inflammation

The Following list contains those foods that are alkaline. From the article below on PH balance, you will appreciate the importance of maintaining a balanced PH levels in the body. The best way to do this. Eat your greens, my friend. And LOTS of them.

• Dark, Leafy Greens – collards, kale, mustard and dandelion greens, chard, and spinach, parsley, coriander, basil, and dark salad greens.

• Cruciferous Vegetables – broccoli, brussel sprouts, cabbage, cauliflower,

• Root Vegetables – sweet potato, potato, parsnips (have less as they are more sugar- dense)

• Other vegetables – beets, asparagus, garlic, celery, cucumber, peas, peppers.

• Sprouts – alfalfa, bean, and broccoli sprouts

• Fruit – apple, avocado, banana, berries, melon, cherries, grapes, pears, peaches.

• Dried Fruit (concentrated in calories) – dates, figs, raisins, prunes.

• Citrus (yes, some citrus becomes alkaline in the body) – lemon, lime, grapefruit.

• Dairy (only a few sources) – whey protein, large-curd cottage cheese, soft cheese.

• Nuts / Seeds – almonds, chestnuts, flax/pumpkin/sunflower seeds.

• Grains (all are acidic except these) – buckwheat, brown rice, corn (still better to have greens).

• Beverages / Teas – Non-carbonated mineral water, herbal teas, Spirulina/Greens Plus

• Other Foods – apple cider vinegar, lecithin, seaweed, blue/green algae, dulse.

The foods in the list above should make up the main part of your diet – about 80%. The remaining 20% will inevitably contain the following acid-forming foods (namely lean protein and healthy neutral fats). Many acidic foods provide the body with essential amino acids, fats, vitamins and nutrients, and are thus important parts of a balanced diet. However, due to their acid-forming properties, keeping these foods in a delicate balance with the preferred alkaline forming foods is essential to weight maintenance, and long-term physical and mental health.

So what do you think?