Sweet Potato, Ginger and Apple Soup
This simple soup has six ingredients. It makes for a light lunch, with a swirl of Greek yogurt.
- 1 tsbp olive oil
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 1 medium sweet potato, peeled and diced
- 1 inch ginger, peeled and finely chopped
- 1 medium apple, peeled and diced
- 4 cups chicken or vegetable stock
- In medium pot, sauté onion until soft. Add sweet potato, ginger, and carrot. Sauté five minutes.
- Add stock, increase heat to high and bring to a boil. Lower heat back to medium and cook 20 minutes.
- Let cool. Puree until smooth. Serves 4 as a lunch with a tbsp of Greek yogurt stirred into each bowl.