Sweet Pea Soup
Celery and zucchini make this pea soup a little less dense than a traditional pea soup.
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 1 large garlic clove, minced
- 1 large celery stalk, diced
- 1 medium zucchini, diced
- salt and pepper
- 4 cups chicken stock
- 2 cups sweet peas
- salt and pepper, and a dash of cumin or chilli flakes
- In a medium soup pot, over medium heat, saute onion and garlic until translucent. DON’T burn the garlic. Add celery and zucchini and cook 5 -7 minutes until softened.
- Add chicken stock, turn heat to high and bring to a boil. Add peas and turn heat back to medium-high. Cook for 15 minutes until peas are softened. Let cool.
- Once cooled completely, puree soup and then season again before serving.
- Serves four as lunch or dinner, with a side of meat or fish.