Eating to rid inflammation
Many of us are suffering from varying degrees of inflammation. It comes in the form of pain, soreness, congestion, weight gain, arthritis, fatigue, and repeated bouts of sickness. It’s important to understand that food feeds or fends off inflammation.
The only way to get rid of chronic inflammation is to eat non-inflammatory foods as often as possible, while steering clear of some of the most commonly consumed foods.
Anti-Inflammatory Foods (Eat in high amounts)
1. Omega –3 Fats – cold water fish, flax seed oil, salmon oil, and cod liver oil.
2. Raw nuts and seeds – Almonds, flax seeds, walnuts, and pecans.
3. Dark Greens – spinach, kale, collards, seaweed, broccoli, brussel sprouts, cabbage.
4. Extra Virgin Olive Oil – unrefined and cold-pressed.
5. Antioxidants – Vitamin C, E, and Quercetin.
6. Zinc – as a supplement.
1. Wheat and excess grains (as they are full of acidic glucose)
2. Saturated fats – fatty red meat.
3. Dairy – milk, butter, and cheese
4. Fried foods – all deep fried food
5. Partially Hydrogenated fats – chips, cookies, crackers, margarine, candy, fast food
6. Refined Cooking Oils – vegetable, corn, sunflower, peanut, palm kernel.
7. Pop, carbonated, and sweetened beverages, coffee and strong tea.
8. Excess sugar – candy, grains, fruit, eaten in excess amounts.