Good green soup
I came up with this simple soup after many a conversation about how we could get more greens into the day. Why not drink green soup for a snack? We spend a fortune on green juices these days. Why not make our own home made version for much cheaper price?
Bring this soup in a jar and drink it – hot or cold, mid-morning or mid-afternoon.
Popeye would be proud.
– 1 tbsp olive oil
– 1 large onion, finely chopped
– 1 clove garlic, minced
– 2 stalks celery, finely chopped
– 3-4 cups fresh or frozen spinach/kale/swiss chard/broccoli/ brussels sprouts/peas.
– 4-6 cups of chicken stock
– Salt and pepper to taste
– Fresh herbs – basil, parsley, dill.
Sautee onion, garlic, and celery in olive oil until softened. Add the greens and stock, bringing to a boil. Lower heat and cook until vegetables are soft. Add more stock to get the consistency you like. Season with salt and pepper, and the herbs. Cool and puree.