Crunchy Celery Salad with Dates and Parmesan
This is a blend of various textures – each so different. It complements chicken nicely.
- 4 celery stalks, washed and thinly sliced on a diagonal (a mandolin works best)
- 2 large dates, pit removed, halved and sliced thin
- 2 tbsp toasted slivered almonds
- juice of 1/2 lemon (1-2 tbsp)
- 1 tbsp fruity olive oil
- salt, pepper, and a pinch of chill flakes
- 1 -2 tbsp fresh grated parmesan
- In a bowl, toss celery with dates and almonds.
- Whisk lemon juice, olive oil , and spices in a small jar. Drizzle over salad and toss to combine. Add parmesan and toss again.
- Serves 2 as lunch or dinner with a few slices of chicken breast or a pork chop.