Crispy brussel sprouts with pecans
Although I have an affinity for bacon with my brussel sprouts, this is an enticing, vegetarian-friendly, baconless way to serve them.
• 1 tablespoon olive oil
• 1 small onion, chopped
• 3 garlic gloves, thinly sliced
• 4 cups Brussels sprouts, halved and thinly sliced
• ½ cup chicken broth/ vegetable broth
• salt and pepper
• ¼ cup pecans, toasted and chopped
1. Heat oil in a large non-stick skillet over medium heat.
2. Add onion and garlic, sautéing five minutes, but careful not to burn garlic.
3. Stir in brussels sprouts and sauté another two minutes.
4. Add broth and increase temperature until liquid evaporates.
5. Season and serve crispy brussel sprouts with a few pecans.